Sabado, Hulyo 14, 2012

Insights and Reflections # 4:EL NINO AND LA NINA

             Today I learned that La Nina is a coupled ocean-atmosphere phenomenon that is the counterpart of El Nino as part of the broader El Nino Southern Oscillation Climate Pattern. During a period of La Nina, the sea surface temperature across the Equatorial Eastern Central Pacific Ocean will be lower than normal 3-5 °C. The name La Nina originates from spanish, meaning "the girl".
                 I also learned that El Nino is the abnormal warming of surface ocean waters. The name El Nino originates from spanish, meaning "the boy".
                  I will apply my learning about el niño and la niña in other lessons related with these phenomena and also to my everyday life.
                  Learning about these phenomena is important because it affects our daily life or daily activities.
                 On a larger scale, I will share my learning to others so that  they can also be ready or prepared on its effect.
                  I need to know more about the effects of el niño and la niña so that I will be aware and prepared when it occurs.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento